3th meeting in Esposende, Portugal
Before the meeting:
- Presentation on the web of the report of the visit and subtitled photographs
- Publication, on the blog, a podcast of the audio local folk music
- Ebook about the traditional costumes of the folk group dance and its means
- Implementation of regional traditional dance in the discipline of Physical Education
- Execution of a Inquiry Diagnostic about the music
- Application of the Inquiry Diagnostic
- Presentation of results on the blog
- Lecture about the traditional music and survey about strategies for the preservation of the traditional music.
During the meeting
1. Information about properties and culture of Portugal.
2. Guided visit and workshop concern to the exhibition "Maritime Museum of Esposende". This visit shows the maritime history of the county of
Esposende. Students will have the opportunity to relate artifacts from the merchant navy, their pilots, boats, sacred art pieces of sailor devotion, and
costumes.They will also know how to understand the agri-maritime activity, the fishing and its arts and the shipbuilding that characterized an era.
3. Guided tour to "Museum of the Costume of Viana do Castelo". This space presents an exhibition and interpretation of the assets representative of
the popular culture heritage of the region of Alto Minho and its connections with music.
4. Cavaquinho Workshop - will address various topics related to the practice of this typical Portuguese instrument, its history, techniques, framing
together with other popular instruments.
5. Participation in a Minhoto Arraial - understand the traditional culture of country life, the importance of folk songs and dances. This popular festival
transmit the history of the rural Minho region and makes a show of its ethnographic and gastronomic culture.
6. Presentation of the work results with a final quiz using an App.
7. Downloading the work done to the project website for the dissemination
8. Project quality assessment